Reporting to the Service Manager, the main purpose of the job is to be able to carry out high standard diagnostics, servicing and repairs to John Deere and other equipment for new and existing customers.
This is a customer facing role which requires you to build strong customer relationships and deliver world class customer service.
- Perform diagnostics and repairs on agricultural equipment, including AMS products.
- Complete all reports and administration required for work assignments (job cards – DTAC case – time sheets, etc.).
- Maintain a clean workstation, assist with overall workshop organisation, cleanliness and correct use of tools and vehicles.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- Actively participate in training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge.
- Perform diagnostics and repairs in the field when required.
- Support technicians with diagnostics and repairs in field when required.
- Perform pre-delivery set up on new or used equipment.
- Support Product Specialists when required.
- Mentor apprentices and other technicians.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience performing service repairs
- Telehandler experience is preferred
- Ability to perform repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following approved technical procedures
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems to perform repairs
- Ability to use standard computer applications, internet functions and John Deere Service ADVISOR
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Good customer relationship skills
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Minimum LTA certification level or comparable John Deere scale
- Fork lift licence preferred
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends
- A valid driving licence is essential for this role
The company will provide:
- Salary, paid monthly
- Company pension scheme
- Paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Additional Benefits: employee assistance scheme, salary sacrifice scheme, Healthshield cash back plan and independent financial wellbeing meetings, long service awards.
- Full support and product training where necessary
- Company van, laptop, mobile phone and PPE.
- Overtime opportunities