To facilitate a smooth-running workshop by co-ordinating the service team and their workload.
Using good people skills and technical ability, you will need to keep the Service Manager informed of how jobs are progressing at the same time as providing guidance, instruction and direction to the team. Excellent communication and a calm approach will help ensure customer satisfaction and repeat business.
- Perform diagnostics and repairs on agricultural/turf equipment, including AMS products.
- Complete all reports and administration required for work assignments (job cards – DTAC case – time sheets, etc.).
- Maintain a clean workstation, assist with overall workshop organisation, cleanliness and correct use of tools and vehicles.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- Actively participate in training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge.
- Perform diagnostics and repairs in the field when required.
- Support technicians with diagnostics and repairs in field when required.
- Perform pre-delivery set up on new or used equipment.
- Support Product Specialists when required.
- Mentor apprentices and technicians.
Team Leader Duties:
- Support distribution of the workload to the team according to engineer competencies.
- Maintain workflow progression by supporting the team with pre-work preparations.
- Make regular contact with the team to ensure prompt and accurate customer service.
- Monitor workflow and progress of jobs.
- Regularly provide progress reports to the Service / Aftersales Manager.
- Inspect and sign off work completed by the team within their AOR ensuring high work standards
- Carry out extra duties as required by the Service Manager to assist in the smooth running of the department.
- Fill in as required for the Service/ Aftermarket Manager in their absence including taking telephone calls, distributing workload and administration.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5 years Technician experience in a relevant industry
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Flexible, adaptable approach to work
- Able to work alone as well as part of a team
To apply for this position please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org