To work closely with the Service Manager to ensure a smooth running, efficient workshop and happy customers.
Responsible for workshop admin including booking jobs and monitoring their progress, keeping customers updated and introducing/updating and maintaining processes.
Covers the Service Manager for annual leave and during busy periods.
Customer Experience and Workshop Planning.
- Answering incoming calls, dealing with queries or directing to the relevant service manager
- Keeps customers informed of job timings and progress and any major increase in bill totals.
- Keeps customers informed of site visit dates and times.
- Makes post repair follow-up calls.
- Actively gathers data about repairs prior to an engineer’s visit.
Workshop Efficiency and Profitability.
- Checks all completed jobs to ensure they are complete and accurate for both parts and labour.
- Inputs work order repair stories.
- Processes both invoicing and credits for the workshop.
- Ensures all warranty forms are with the warranty manager in the required time.
- Ensures all retail WIP is no older than 30 days.
- Manages all WIP
- Aids the service manager with work scheduling.
- Collates and inputs engineers’ hours on a daily basis.
Other Duties – In conjunction with Service Manager.
- Ensures that service processes, policies and guidelines are followed and applied safely.
- Shares daily discussions with the service manager to review the workshop performances and to address any specific issues.
- Shares weekly/monthly discussions with the service manager to analyse profitability, labour utilisation etc to maintain an efficient and profitable workshop.
Skills and Qualifications
- An excellent ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people
- Well organised and unflappable
- A good level of IT literacy and a competent user of Microsoft based Applications (Excel, Word).
- Good time management.
- Self-motivated to get things done
To apply for this position please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.