John Deere is renowned not just for its machinery, but also for its outstanding parts and service support. This apprenticeship concentrates on how to manage John Deere’s sophisticated parts systems, run a profitable retail environment, merchandise goods effectively, and understand the value of John Deere products and the importance of selling on quality rather than on price.
Supported by a mentor, you will work to gain hands on practical experience and also join additional online training.
2022 Intake – we are looking to take on 15 apprentices across the group in either a workshop (technician) or parts role.
Skills and Qualifications
Apprenticeships are for anyone above the age of 16 who isn’t in full-time education. We are looking for candidates who:
- Are motivated to learn and show a positive attitude
- Are keen to work in a team environment
- Have a knowledge of basic standard computer applications
- Can communicate effectively both internally and externally.
- Present a professional image at all times
- Have GCSE Maths and English Grade 4 or above (or equivalent Predicted Grades if currently Year 11). You may be required to take Functional Skills Maths and English at Level 2 if you do not already hold the equivalent GCSE grade 4-9 or (old system A*-C).
The company will provide:
- Apprenticeships are paid, details to be discussed at interview
- Paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Full support and product training
- John Deere Apprenticeship training (including travel expenses, meals and accommodation)
- Workwear and boots supplied
- Employee Assistance Programme free for employees and their household members (over the age of 16).
- Free parking onsite
To apply for a Parts Apprenticeship please click on the following here and complete the form to register your interest.