If you would like to find out more about apprenticeships in our business please click on the link at the bottom of this page and complete the form to register your interest.
Our primary business is agricultural and turf machinery sales plus after sales support including parts and service departments, with depots across Suffolk, Essex, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, East Sussex and Kent and an annual turnover of c£66m.
An apprenticeship with us will give you the opportunity to learn the Service Technician role, dividing your time between a dedicated technical training school and the depot.
Supported by a mentor, you will work on basic repairs of agricultural and/or turf equipment to gain hands on, practical experience. You will also join additional online training to gain the necessary Service Certification by the end of the apprentice period.
- Performs basic service tasks & develops skills in removal, disassembly and reconditioning of components.
- Assists Technicians as needed.
- Reports weekly to a mentor or Service Manager regarding ongoing activities and progression.
- Learns to maintain the condition of inventory, tools and equipment.
- Learns to maintain a clean work area and performs work in a professional, neat and orderly fashion.
- Learns to complete reports and forms required in conjunction with job assignments.
- Participates in Service Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
Skills and Qualifications
Apprenticeships are for anyone above the age of 16 who isn’t in full-time education. We are looking for candidates who:
- Are motivated to learn and show a positive attitude
- Are keen to work in a team environment
- Have a knowledge of basic standard computer applications
- Can communicate effectively both internally and externally.
- Present a professional image at all times
- Have GCSE Maths and English Grade 4 or above (or equivalent Predicted Grades if currently Year 11). You may be required to take Functional Skills Maths and English at Level 2 if you do not already hold the equivalent GCSE grade 4-9 or (old system A*-C).
The company will provide
- Apprenticeships are paid, details to be discussed at interview
- Paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Full support and product training
- John Deere Apprenticeship training (including travel expenses, meals and accommodation)
- Workwear and boots supplied
- Employee Assistance Programme free for employees and their household members (over the age of 16).
- Free parking onsite
To apply for a Service Apprenticeship or an Apprenticeship in another area of the business, please click on the following here and complete the form to register your interest.